Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Alert when MAC address connects to network

From: "Hendra Santosa" <hendra () srd co id>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 22:38:52 +0700

Dear Magnus,

You may use NBTScan (http://www.inetcat.org/software/nbtscan.html) to scan
all connections. Find any match with the specified MAC address from the its
output and run it periodically to scan. Alert could be generated as you
wish. But there's a possibility to change the MAC address
(http://www.klcconsulting.net/smac/) or
http://www.securit-e-doc.com/products/securiteport.asp
Hope it helps.

Regards,