Security Basics mailing list archives

SecurityFocus new article announcement!

From: Kelly Martin <kel () securityfocus com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:01:45 -0600 (MDT)

The following new articles were recently published on SecurityFocus:

1. Fighting Internet Worms With Honeypots
By Laurent Oudot  Oct 23, 2003 (Infocus feature article)

This paper will evaluate the usefulness of using honeypots to fight
Internet worms, including a discussion on capturing a worm, redirecting
worm traffic to fake services, launching counter attacks to clean infected
hosts, and finally removing the worm or negating its effects.

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1740

2. Joe Average User Is In Trouble
By Scott Granneman  Oct 22 2003

As security professionals we're at the forefront, like it or not, and it's
up to us to help lessen the myriad of user problems we see around us.
http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/193

-- Kelly Martin SecurityFocus kel () securityfocus com +001-403-261-5468

Visual & Easy-to-use are not words that you think of when talking about
network analyzers. Are you sick of the three window text decodes? Download ClearSight Network's Analyzer and see a new
network analysis tool that
makes the complex - easy
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ClearSightNetworks_security-basics_031021