Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Key Loggers

From: Ivan Hernandez <ivan.hernandez () globalsis com ar>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:56:18 -0300

s7726 wrote:

Is there a way to determine if a running process is logging keys? Can you
say look at whether or not it is implementing hooks or something? I am
interested to know if someone has put a key logger on a few machines.

Thank you

S7726 at yahoo dot com

I would first (in doubt) disconnect the machine from the network and start analysing the traffic, then search for any changing file each time you press a key !
also writing a strange word and searching for it can be useful sometimes
ivan hernandez

Visual & Easy-to-use are not words that you think of when talking about network analyzers. Are you sick of the three window text decodes? Download ClearSight Network's Analyzer and see a new network analysis tool that makes the complex - easy
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ClearSightNetworks_security-basics_031021