Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: handling log files

From: Phillip McCollum <pmccollum () sanmanuel com>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 20:20:16 -0700

Hi John,

Can't find anything concerning your first problem, but for auditing user logon events:

Since you're using Active Directory, in order to log logon events for all domain user accounts, you need to edit the Default Domain Controllers GPO for this. Once you open it up, browse to the Audit Policy and set the "Audit Account Logon Events" to record Successes and/or Failures.

Hope this helps,
Phillip