Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Question on Corrupted BlackIce Defender Installation

From: "Preston, Tony" <Tony.Preston () acs-inc com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:00:25 -0400

 The registry is probably starting up the daemon.  I would suggest that
you boot in "safe mode, without the network" and then clean up the registery
entries.   It might be easier to:
1) rename the executable it is running.  This will prevent it from
running on a re-boot.
2) manually remove the blackice directory.
3) run registry cleaner program (I use on call fixit, was sold by Ontrack,
there is a link to info at www.ontrack.com) to clean up "left overs"

reboot and then try the install.