Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: System Logging on Windows

From: H Carvey <keydet89 () yahoo com>
Date: 15 Sep 2003 20:56:09 -0000

com eg>

Misleading subject line aside, I think all you're going to get back on this is..."good luck!!"

I am using the Group Policy on our domain. I need the security log file
logs of the domain clients to be logged in the security log of the
Domain Controller.

Oddly enough, Microsoft does not provide this sort of functionality.  One way to get around this is to export the Event
Logs from your clients to the DC using syslog.  If, at this point, you absolutely must have the entries in the Security
Log on the DC, then you must import them from the syslog server into the EventLog.

So...good luck!

Captus Networks
Are you prepared for the next Sobig & Blaster?
 - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
 - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security
 - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
FIND OUT NOW -  FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit
http://www.captusnetworks.com/ads/42.htm