Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: IP flood?

From: Chris Merkel <chrism () geo-synthetics com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:32:18 -0500

It's just the Welchia virus - machines infected with it scan for other
machines on the subnets near them for infection - not much you can do about
it.

Chris Merkel
Sysadmin
Geo-Synthetics, Inc.

(Oh, and since I have to say it any time someone brings up GRC - Steve
Gibson is a scaremongering hack - don't bother with his tools.)