Security Basics mailing list archives

Windows environment variables

From: "Sánchez Sanz, Javier" <jssanz () indra es>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 09:57:25 +0200

Hello,
I need to set and remove system or user environment variables at Windows 2000 or XP. But I need to do it by 'hand', I
mean, with some command, not using the Windows GUI. Does anyone how to do this? If I set variables at the command
prompt, they only last during the DOS console is open, and what I need is that they are available during the user
session. I was looking even the registry but I don't found anything.
What I found was SetX, a reource kit from Microsoft, but it only sets the variables, and I cannot remove them.

Many thanks

Javi
Este correo electrónico y, en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo, contiene información de carácter confidencial
exclusivamente dirigida a su destinatario o destinatarios. Queda prohibida su divulgación, copia o distribución a
terceros sin la previa autorización escrita de Indra. En el caso de haber recibido este correo electrónico por error,
se ruega notificar inmediatamente esta circunstancia mediante reenvío a la dirección electrónica del remitente.

The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and solely for the attention and use of the named
addressee(s). You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication is prohibited
without the prior written consent of Indra. If you have received this communication in error, please, notify the sender
by reply e-mail

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30 (Training),
October 1-2 (Briefings) in Tysons Corner, VA; the world's premier
technical IT security event.  Modeled after the famous Black Hat event in
Las Vegas! 6 tracks, 12 training sessions, top speakers and sponsors.
Symantec is the Diamond sponsor.  Early-bird registration ends September 6.Visit us: www.blackhat.com