Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Windows Server 2003 - Not secure from my test but OSX from Mac is secure from the start

From: "Zachary Mutrux" <zmutrux () compumentor org>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:55:06 -0700

By the way, when having physical access to an Apple running MacOS X
everything's so easy. All you need is inserting the MacOS X setup CD
and welcome to wonderland. Even booting into single-user mode if helpful
much often. Thanks to Apple.

Open Firmware built into the Macintosh now permits control of booting from
CD. Can be password protected without third party software. Also I echo the
comments regarding physical security for any box--if an intruder has
physical access you're hosed regardless of OS.

Zac