Security Basics mailing list archives

ASP trouble with IIS 6.0 security

From: Bénoni MARTIN <Benoni.MARTIN () libertis ga>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:02:34 +0100

Hi community,

I am running IIS 6.0 under a W2K3 box, and most of my web pages have been written in ASP with Dreamweaver 2004 (I don't
think this is really important, but...). Some of my ASP pages run into trouble: sometimes they are displayed in the
right way, but sometimes they create a "NTTP 500 - Internal error". Looking around the web, seems to me I am not the
only one to face this trouble, but no solution has been found...

Seems also that a new security feature in IIS 6.0 performs this, but which one??? I just cannot set up a Linux box with
Apache as I have an SQL Server 2000...

What can I do? Get back to IIS 5.x does not seems to be a good idea...

Any idea will be welcomed!

Cheers!

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html