Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Windows 2000 Administrator lockout

From: "Dinis Cruz" <dinis () ddplus net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 03:32:05 +0100

Another alternative is to use an exploit to gain a SYSTEM shell in the
server.

If the server is not up-to-date with the latest patches you could use (for
example) the RPC exploits available at SecurityFocus.com.

In fact I once had a similar problem where I made a simple 'mistake' in a
GPO where the administrator lost its login privileges (to solve it I used
the RPC exploit to gain a SYSTEM shell and made another user an
administrator).

Dinis Cruz
.Net Security Consultant
DDPlus