Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Blocking Access to Non-domain computers

From: Don Voss <voss () albany edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 06:05:03 -0400

Have you considered using a dhcp authorization method like netreg ?

http://www.netreg.org/

It, netreg, can do much more .. such as check on win patch levels before, notify & redirect before allowing a device on the wire .. but at its base level it can authenticate against a pop server for a valid account [user account list], harvest the mac address, allow static name generation, etc. I think it can be linked to ldap instead of pop .. check it out.

/don