Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: DOS attacks

From: "Michael Shirk" <shirkdog () cryptomail org>
Date: Fri Aug 06 13:22:02 EDT 2004

This probaly should be sent to the forensics mailing list.
However, you need to investigate just what happened. Was there a vulnerable service?? did they compromise root?
There are forensics tools like sleuthkit and the webfront to those tools called autopsy. But you need to first figure
out how you want to respond to the incident, and perserve the evidence as best you can.
This is in case the server is production and can not be disconnected.
Shirkdog