Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Controlling access to servers

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:36:42 -0800

  Consider a situation where IT Dept is forbidden to touch some
machines because the information they contain is "too sensitive".

  How do we manage security in such a case?

Answer (98 times out of 100):  The most critical information in
the enterprise winds up on the least secure machines in the
enterprise.

David Gillett