Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Win95 detection

From: Nathaniel Hall <halln () otc edu>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 20:58:30 -0600

I know that GFI LANguard can determine the difference between XP and 2000 machines. I believe that it will detect 95/98/ME too. The biggest problem is that it is expensive. They do, however, offer a demo version that will let you scan up to 25 machines at a time. Take a look at www.gfi.com

Nathaniel Hall, GSEC
Intrusion Detection and Firewall Technician
Ozarks Technical Community College -- Office of Computer Networking

halln () otc edu
417-447-7535

Trevor Cushen wrote:

Have you tried a login script to do the job for you?  Kix32 is perfect
for this job.