Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Necessary ports and not necessary ports

From: "NSC" <n.s.c () bluewin ch>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 02:32:49 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: <Benawi () gmx de>
To: <security-basics () securityfocus com>
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 1:03 AM
Subject: Necessary ports and not necessary ports

try with

53, 135, 137, 139, 389(or 636 SSL), 445, 3268(or 3269 SSL).

should work.

Simon Spencer

Hi there,

Need input from you all.
I have a win2003 box, which i want to set it as a domain controller.
I would like to filter the incoming IP via IPSec and secure the system
by closing ports. The box is used for user to log in, active directory
and sharing resources.
But somehow I don't know which ports are necsssary to be opened, when
the box works as domain controller.
Can you tell me which ports necessary to be opened, so that I can
closed all other ports. Or is it save already, when i close all ports
except
for ip from the domain?

Suppose I have other box, that works as webserver. All i have to do is
to close all ports except 80. Do I see it correctly?

thank you

--
jetzt 3 Monate GRATIS + 3x DER SPIEGEL +++ http://www.gmx.net/derspiegel
+++

-
Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion
Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!