Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Password changes more than once per day

From: Gene LeDuc <Gene.LeDuc () tns-md com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 19:07:28 -0500

The main reason that I can see is to prevent people from defeating a rule
such as "you can't use any of your last 12 passwords".  If there's no
minimum password life then I could change my password 12 times in a few
minutes and then make the final change back to my original.  I have users
who would do this.