Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: disallow freemail

From: "Bill Hardstone" <rhardstone () eudoramail com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 11:21:55 -0500

Couple of added questions on the same note...

(1) What is required from administrator perspective to block the freemail access to the user community. For example, IP
addresses can be blocked to specific free mail on the firewall...

(2) If as an administrator, one were to allow freemail access. Which freemail is lesser vulnerable (although all are...
but keeping aside issues with uploading company's sensative information or downloading malware that does not go thru
normal mail screening procedures). For example, a lot of clients i goto i have noticed that they mostly block hotmail
but would allow yahoo or eudoramail. what is the difference?

Bill