Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Outpost firewall Pro 2.0.238.3121(290) has Back Orifice trojanprogram

From: "Mark Hicks" <lordhog () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 19:32:16 -0800

This file is just listing the common ports along with their corresponding program associated with them...

>>> Mr Babak Memari <memari () myrealbox com> 02/03/04 10:26pm >>>
Hi
I have found  this file below in Outpost firewall Pro 2.0.238.3121(290) :
C:\Program Files\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall\Service.lst

After opening it with Notepad I found a trace of "Back Orifice trojan
program"  :

[udp]
7,ECHO,Echo
9,Discard,Discard
13,Daytime,Daytime
17,QOTD,Quote of the Day
19,Chargen,Character Generator
37,Time,Timeserver
53,DNS,Domain name service
67,BOOTPS,Bootstrap Protocol Server
68,BOOTPC,Bootstrap Protocol Client
137,NETBIOS_NS,NETBIOS Name Service
138,NETBIOS_DGM,NETBIOS Datagram Service
161,SNMP,SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol)
162,SNMPTRAP,SNMPTRAP (Simple Network Management Protocol)
4000,ICQ,ICQ chat program
31337,BackOrifice,Back Orifice trojan program      <<<=====NOTE Please **

What is your Idea? I have downloaded it from agnitum.com  .

-----
Babak
www.voidspace.org.uk/babak

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less. We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off any course!

Messages included in this e-mail and any of its attachments are those
of the author unless specifically stated to represent WorkCover Queensland. The contents of this message are to be used for the intended purpose only and are to be kept confidential at all times. This message may contain privileged information directed only to the intended addressee/s. Accidental receipt of this information should be deleted promptly and the sender notified.
This e-mail has been scanned by Sophos for known viruses.
However, no warranty nor liability is implied in this respect.