Security Basics mailing list archives

Some abnormal behavior when opening excel and word files ..

From: "Naren - Pactech" <naren () pactech net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 18:41:07 +0800

Hi guys,

I have a problem with a site ..

When the PC is connected to the LAN, opening local Excel and Word files
take abnormally long time .. disabling the AV does not make a difference
.. and a lot of SYNs are shown to the Verisign IPs of crl.verisign.com ..
198.49.161.200 - 198.49.161.205 - 198.49.161.206

However, if the Network cable is disconnected, the Excel and Word files
open faster ... with no connections attempted to crl.verisign.com ..

Anyone have any idea what could be the cause ?

Thanks in advance ..

Naren

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!