Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Auditing / Logging

From: Mike Hoskins <mike () adept org>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:33:24 -0800

Don Parker wrote:
Well, you raise a valid point as to the commands not being logged. Again I would prefer simplicity, so just install a keylogger.

if you build a script that runs your "standard test suite" (so the same tests or subset of tests is always ran... running ad-hoc commands is obviously a bad thing, as overworked staff can forget to run certain commands, etc.), it is easy to log both the command and the output (with timestamps). i think that is simpler than managing another app, even something like a keylogger. it's also easy to do... on any platform.

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less. We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention, and many other technical hands on courses. Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off any course! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------