Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Windows Remote Desktop

From: "Shawn Jackson" <sjackson () horizonusa com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:14:15 -0800

        Eh' for 'Testing' I use a remote SSH server off my backbone. I
do 'periodically' login to my remote XP workstation and do some work.
Because only screen information is transmitted even if that system was
hacked or infected with a virus it won't affect my network at work. My
XP system doesn't sit directly on the Internet through; it goes through
a Debian box running iptables.

Shawn Jackson
Systems Administrator
Horizon USA