Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: OWA security

From: Nicholas Diotte <xphox () xphox net>
Date: 14 Jan 2004 15:34:59 -0000

I'm not sure what the ISA server is going to do in your case, as there are many senerios.  I would assume he's using it
as a proxy/firewall solution to link to your exchange server instead of publishing it, or fighting with trying to set
it all up on the PIX.  I could be a little mixed up in my wording.  I only assum the ISA server will take care of
making the connection to your exchange, and I kind of agree, it's meant to do that.. why not use it.

ISA server is more then just for exchange, you can use it to lock alot down, as far as I can recall, it ties in nice
with your active directory, to publish your applications security on the internet, as well as content filtering (KaZaA,
ICQ, etc..).

I'm in the middle of planning my active directory, and we are implimenting an ISA server... I'm not up and running, but
will soon have access to ISA in my test lab.

Hope I'm not leading your away, or confusing you...

Cheers,
Nick

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!