Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: How to secure my yahoo account

From: "J. Yoon" <supercool9000 () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 21:16:48 -0500

If the cracker is communicating with you over your email account, then most liikely:

1. VANITY: from the very fact that he's gone to the extent of sending you messages, it's obvious that he wants others to know how "good" he is.

2. Claims he bruteforced his way into it? I'd say he's full of it, unless he's *really* good
which in this case sounds like he's not.

3. See if you can embed some sort of identification image/tag next time you send him an email message so that you can get more info about him and possibly his isp. But first you might wanna enable your yahoo account to allow these tags to show up.

Get a FREE online virus check for your PC here, from McAfee. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less. We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention, and many other technical hands on courses. Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off any course! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------