Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: W32/Bagle-A propagation increasing

From: "Shawn Jackson" <sjackson () horizonusa com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:54:26 -0800

        Well clamAV is up2date:

        ClamAV update process started at Fri Jan 23 09:48:23 2004
SECURITY WARNING: NO SUPPORT FOR DIGITAL SIGNATURES
main.cvd is up to date (version: 18, sigs: 19810, f-level: 1, builder:
tomek)
daily.cvd is up to date (version: 98, sigs: 579, f-level: 1, builder:
diego)

        ...and the socket is working because it tagged a Klez-H just
this morning:

A virus (W32/Klez-H) was found.

Two banned names (only..pif, .exe) were found.

Scanners detecting a virus: Sophos SAVI, Clam Antivirus-clamd

        Very unusual, at least Sophos is working well, but that's always
been a good Linux AV. It'll be interesting to see if the Beagle virus
actually stops as predicted on the 28th.

Shawn Jackson
Systems Administrator
Horizon USA
1190 Trademark Dr #107