Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Unix jumpbox \ console

From: Vincent <pros-n-cons () bak rr com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:01:05 -0800

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:06:03 -0500
Byron Sonne <blsonne () rogers com> wrote:

Hi I am looking for advice on creating a secure unix jumpbox

What is a 'jumpbox'? I've never heard the term before.

  I am wondering the same thing. Did he mean jumppoint? But that
does not need a secure system, in fact a more functional one would
probably be more efficient.

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!