Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Minimum password requirements

From: "dave kleiman" <dave () isecureu com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 12:45:02 -0400

Well one thing we can all agree on is the ""arugability"" (yes I know it is
not a real word) of every aspect of this subject.

Once again I will point to the recommendations by CC and NSA/NIST all of
which are listed below. I do this because of my above statement. This
subject has so many points which can be pulled in either direction that at
the end of the day we have to have some concrete solutions.  It is nice to
have a little backup when something goes wrong, at least you can say you met
or exceeded a tested standard/guideline.

Please also see:

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1554

http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/88/312263

Common Criteria: