Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Enhanced Linksys wireless security

From: "Gonzalez, David J." <DJGonzalez () tmh tmc edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:46:07 -0500

802.11i has been ratified:

http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/news/article.php/3373441

-----Original Message-----
From: Nunez, Yonesy F. [mailto:nunezy () conedsolutions com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2004 5:13 PM
To: Ricardo Oliva
Cc: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: RE: Enhanced Linksys wireless security

AES provides stronger encryption (Rijndael Algorithm).  TKIP uses still uses
RC4 (used in WEP).  I'm currently using WPA-TKIP, but I'm planning to use
AES-CCMP with eap-tls when it becomes available (I think the linksys can do
that now, but I don't have my Certification Authority ready to start using
wireless certificates).  Is 802.11i ever going to be ratified?  Best of
luck!

--
Yonesy F. Nunez, CISSP, MCSE, Security+
Technology Services