Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Encryption on Laptops?

From: Steven Joerger <steven.joerger () corp earthlink net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:26:15 -0500

Shanafelt, Gabe wrote:
If one wanted to encrypt data on a laptop but the enhanced cryptopack for
Windows XP isn't strong enough, what products would you recommend? Preferably low cost or free products?

Thanks, Gabe

I was looking for something similar and came up with using the PGP Disk utility. Its not free, but for personal use its reasonably priced.

http://www.pgp.com/products/personal/index.html

Steve

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization. Visit us at: http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html