Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: MD5 algorithm

From: Matt Howard <securityfocus () hattmoward org>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:57:24 -0500

On Saturday 20 March 2004 7:04 am, BoI base wrote:
Hello!

I search for realization of MD5 algorithm (like on *nix OSes, for
example, '$1$00000000$0000000000000000000000', length 34 bytes) on
Perl (it's better) or C/C++. And is there a way to use Digest module
of Perl for creating that MD5-hashes exist?

I'm not exactly clear on your question... did you mean to use the word
'implementation' instead of 'realization'?  You can find Digest::MD5 on CPAN
(http://www.cpan.org) Are you familiar with it?  As root, on your PC, run:

perl -MCPAN -e shell

It will ask some questions and select a mirror, then you can type

install Digest::MD5

to get what you're looking for.  After it's installed, you can run

man Digest::MD5
or
perldoc Digest::MD5

to see the documentation and usage examples.  If you have any Perl related
questions, you can ask them at Perl Monks (http://www.perlmonks.org).

--
Matt Howard <mhoward__hattmoward.org>  http://hattmoward.org
PGP: 2364 B8D1 199C 4DB6 9E23  2409 C10B EC85 29B9 91EE

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html