Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Recommending an IDS system

From: "Haim Chibotero" <Haimc () maxbill com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 10:00:28 +0200

Hi Mate
Try www.fortinet.com products - 1/3 the price and give you much more

Haim

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen K. Kodz [mailto:stephen.kodz () navigantconsulting co uk]
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 20:02
To: Khaled; security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: RE: Recommending an IDS system

I'm currently evaluating a NetScreen IDP 100 and have just spent a day
working with the vendor fine tuning the rules.  I am running it in-line
with the firewall and it uses a RedHat box as a management console.  So
far I like the look of it and the ease of management, but I haven't
anything else to compare it with, but next week I'll have an ISS box.

I've just read through the thread and so far no one has commented on the
NetScreen, so I'd be interested to hear how it compares.

Regards,
Stephen

Stephen K. Kodz

Consultant

DDI: +44 (0)20 7469 1175

Tel:  +44 (0)20 7469 1111

Fax:  +44 (0)20 7469 1112

http://www.navigantconsulting.co.uk

 The information  contained in this message or any of its

attachments

 may be  privileged  and  confidential and  intended for the exclusive

 use of the addressee.

 If  you  are  not  the   addressee  any   disclosure,   reproduction,

 distribution  or other  dissemination  or use of  this  communication

 is strictly  prohibited.   If you have received this message in error

 please  notify  postmaster () navigantconsulting co uk  and  delete  the

 message and any attachments accompanying it immediately.

 Security  and  reliability  of  e-mail is not guaranteed.  We operate

 anti-virus  programmes,  but you  must take  full  responsibility for

 virus checking.

 All e-mails to anyone @navigantconsulting.co.uk are communications to

 the firm and not private and confidential to any named individual.

---
Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545
off any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students
or less to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert
instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of
in-the-field pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab.
Master the skills of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of
your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html
----

Important Notice

The information contained in this e-mail message and its attachments is privileged and confidential, and is protected
from unauthorized use or dissemination or by intellectual property rights. The information is intended only for the use
of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone, or by e-mail and delete the message
from your computer.

Thank you!