Security Basics mailing list archives

Requesting info: VPN solution

From: Nicholas Diotte <xphox () xphox net>
Date: 30 Mar 2004 18:30:14 -0000

Good afternoon list,

Yet again, it's time for me to pick your brain...  I've been asked to develop a VPN solution that will require little
to no maintenance.

Project Goal: Connect two computers, on two public networks, to secure data transfers between the two.  Ex: Offsite
backup.

If anyone can recommend any hardware solutions that would establish a secure connection...  I was looking into Cisco
1712 series...

The sky is the limit on this one, and I've been given a fairly reasonable budget...

I've never setup anything like this before, so I'm open to any, and all suggestions...

Thank you,
Nick Diotte

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html