Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Windows Messenger Pop-up spam

From: "Paul Kurczaba" <paul () myipis com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:15:40 -0500

I think that *most* major ISP's have now blocked ports 135-139 and 445;
inbound and outbound. This is probably why there has been less windows
messenger popups. Some people may have also gone into "services" and
disabled the messenger service. (Now if ISP's could only just block port 25;
comsumer ISP's that is :)

-Paul