Security Basics mailing list archives

SCP win2K3 to RH9 troubles

From: Bénoni MARTIN <Benoni.MARTIN () libertis ga>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:09:02 +0100

Hi list !

I have to perform a daily scp from a Linux box (RH 9) to a Win2K3 box. The files and their directories change everyday,
so I have to wrap scp in a script (Shell or Perl as I like both :) ).

I tried to do this with a simple and usual command like:
        scp /..path_to_my_file.../ user@win2K3Box:/..path/
but could not manage to make if work (no file downloaded), and no error message available even in verbose mode.

I tried then with sftp and psftp from windows, but cannot manage the trouble of avoiding a prompt asking me the
password ...

So, anyone tried this (probably!) and could tell me how to transfer these files ? Any help will be appreciated !

Thnaks in advance !