Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: netflow tools

From: Kelly Martin <kel () securityfocus com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:19:50 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Mike wrote:

I mean, I already have the data being exported to a server with flowtools
but I'm looking for more information about using flowtools to make it more
informative.

How about the recent Netflow article series we published on SecurityFocus,
written by Yimming Gong? It's focused on getting meaningful information by
filtering the data.

Detecting Worms and Abnormal Activities with NetFlow, Part 1
http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1796

Detecting Worms and Abnormal Activities with NetFlow, Part 2
http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1802

If you're able to find a better set of articles than these, including
something in more detail, please let us know as I see opportunity for us
to publish more articles on this topic.