Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: IIS 6 FTP

From: "Tyler, Grayling" <ggtyler () foodlion com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 07:35:59 -0400

Thanks to all who responded to the questions.  I've found that rebooting
the server after making a permissions change causes the settings to work
as expected.  This leads me to believe that the settings are cached
someplace (Meta store perhaps?).  I hope to get some of that
mythological "free time" I keep hearing people talk about so I can test
this theory further (perhaps stopping and starting the FTP service will
suffice for a reboot or some other buried setting dictating how long
between Meta refreshes).

Thanks to all