Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: a tool like nestat

From: "Marcos E. Rodriguez" <mrodrigu () agape-tech com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 21:59:52 -0400

www.foundstone.com

has some free tools.  Fport is really good and shows which applications are
listening, and Vision shows a lot more.  It's a nice GUI.

I love pslist and pskill from www.sysinternals.com

They can kill networked processes, especially if you use the netstat -aon
switches.......Then you can kill the process ID of any network connection
you don't like.

Pslist and Pskill are part of the Pstools package that can be downloaded for
free.....

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Marcos

Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes
are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills of
a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html