Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: SQL Server Integrity

From: "Burton M. Strauss III" <BStrauss () acm org>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 10:08:38 -0500

How about doing an export of the table structures and the table data into a
file and running LIDS/Tripwire on THAT?

Note that you need to use the same file name, but train tripwire et al to
ignore the date/time stamp of the unload (as that will change), but the
signature of the text (i.e. your database) won't change.

Obviously, you need to exclude tables that change, but since this is a
scripted item, you can just write the dump commands that are appropriate.

As a benefit, you get a nightly data dump...

-----Burton