Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: tool for generating MD5 hash of a file (MS)

From: Lucas <lucaskeli () fastmail fm>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 12:23:27 -0500

Openssl, both Unix and Windows flavors support md5 hashes.

kdl

K.D. Lucas
lucaskeli () fastmail fm

Michael Shirk wrote:

Well you can use md5sum.exe for windows (Google this), which allows you to create the hash and verify files.
Also, in the same search, I found a utility called Fastsum that is free.
http://www.fastsum.com/
Shirkdog