Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: learning ethical hacking

From: Bartek Krajnik <bmk () bicom pl>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:49:11 +0200

On 31-08-2004 at 11:13:59AM +0300, linux user wrote:
lu> Hi All,
lu>
lu> Could you please let me know where should i start learning about
lu> network, and web security, I   have been using linux mainly for
lu> several years, windows for a couple of years, and solaris from time to
lu> time, I would like to consolidate  my knoweldge regarding the above
lu> operatings system through a deep exopsure to security. i am thinking
lu> of books, mailing lists, and training courses, i also stumbled once on
lu> a hacker group that would let you joing if you solve a puzzle, some
lu> kind of message encryption, but i do not remmber the site any more,
lu> the main objective is secure a career in network security.

ANSI C
Richard Steven (he wrote nice books about UNIX's procedures) - look in google.
You can learn something about assembler.

Forget about stupid books.

www.securityfocus.com
www.insecure.org

Best regards,
   Bartek.
--
If You want to verify authentication of my e-mail visit: www.bmk.bicom.pl
   to get from there my public key.

Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes
are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills of
a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html