Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: syslog

From: "R. Maheswaran" <MaheswaranR () catsglobal co in>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 01:30:09 +0530

 For the same kind of environment, I am using Computer Associates eTrust
Audit integrated with Security command center for an easy  event management
and consolidation of logs + administration of all the Security
infrastructure from one web based console.

eTrust Audit addresses these requirements with a superior
audit collection mechanism that can marshal a wide range of
audit trail data from a diverse set of systems, applications and
appliances. In addition, eTrust Audit lets you create and manage
a centralized policy regarding the retention of this valuable
information and also provides the following:
* Consolidated views of the audit information collected
*Versatile reporting
* Highly customizable support for creating policies that can be
used to initiate alert or other actions in response to events
* Integration with Unicenter® Event Management
* Integration with the eTrust(tm) Security Command Center
*Monitor Your Enterprise With Our Leading Auditing Tool

With eTrust Audit, you can collect security event data from a
wide range of sources throughout your enterprise, such as the
following:
* UNIX servers
* Windows NT servers
* Windows 2000 servers
* Web servers
* eTrust open systems products
* eTrust mainframe security products such as eTrust(tm)
CA-ACF2® Security and eTrust(tm) CA-Top Secret® Security
* IBM mainframe security products such as RACF
* And other sources as well
Plus, eTrust Audit stores this information in a central database
for easy access and reporting.
Administrators use eTrust Audit to monitor, respond to alerts,
and create reports for historical and forensic analysis. Most
importantly, administrators can collect the audit information
created by the diverse set of security tools in the enterprise, so
that they can reference a single source to support the important
tasks of security analysis (sometimes referred to as analytics)
required to effectively monitor and manage security in the
enterprise.

Mahesh