Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Qs Regarding DNS

From: "Jeffrey S. Sims" <sims () interex org>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:19:31 -0700

Hello Joe,

 http://www.arin.net/whois/ will tell you the IP range and who owns it
 and what the subnet is. If I understood your question correctly this
 is what you were looking for.

 Hope it helps.

Hi,

I wanna know all the address of a site for eg lets say
windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Now when i do nslookup dig or host i find 7-8 entries but that does not
assure me that these are ALL the sites.

What i wanna do is get all the ip's of a site n block them.

but via this method i am not sure that i have all the ips of site.
i checked few websites on which it gives me a subnet about that site
but not specifically n ... i think those are specific to a region.

Well ne one has some suggestion .. know some tool?

Thanx in Advance

-Joe

http://mail2web.com/ .

Jeffrey S. Sims