Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: IPSec vs. IPSec/L2TP

From: Rodrigo Blanco <rodrigo.blanco.r () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 03:47:42 -0600

Hello,

I was looking at that some time ago, and the only explanation I found
was that L2TP/IPsec had to be used, for compatibility purposes with
some platforms / OS.... the information was not very clear.

It was not reccomended in the paper I read, since it did not mean much
security enhancement, but performance degradation was almost assured.

Regards,
R.