Security Basics mailing list archives

Query: PhD research area

From: secure knowledge <secureknowledge () yahoo com>
Date: 13 Apr 2005 20:26:05 -0000

Dear all,

I am intending to pursue my PhD in computer security.

Has anyone got any experience in what it takes to do a PhD?

I need to refine an area of research. There are so many areas and i don't want to pick an area that may get solved
while i do my PhD and hence render my work useless. This will always be an issues i guess!

anyone got any ideas on:
Intrustion Detection
Biometrics
Smart cards
Computer forensics
Malware
Privacy Management
Wireless

What about other areas?

regards
Secure.

Earn your MS in Information Security ONLINE
Organizations worldwide are in need of highly qualified information security
professionals.  Norwich University is fulfilling this demand with its MS in
Information Security offered online.  Recognized by the NSA as an
academically excellent program, NU offers you the opportunity to earn your
degree without disrupting your home or work life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus_en