Security Basics mailing list archives

Problems with Asleap and Libpcap

From: "Mogren, Jack L." <mogren () mayo edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:03:39 -0500

I'm having some problems getting Asleap running with my Orinoco gold classic wireless PCMCIA card.  Here are some
particulars
Fedora Core 3
Kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC3.i686 patched with orinoco-2.6.11-rfmon-dragorn-1.diff
Libpcap-0.8.3

  After the kernel patch I'm able to run Kismet (2005-01-R1) which puts the card into RFMON mode.  I see 802.11 traffic
and the card is channel hopping.   So far so good.  Then I try to run Asleap, but it fails with the following message.

  Unsupported pcap data link type: PRISM_HEADER (119), 802.11 plus Prism header.  Closing pcap

  Is this an issue with libpcap or with asleap?  I have been successful in getting a Cisco 340 wireless card and asleap
to work.  Any ideas out there?  Thanks for any responses.

Earn your MS in Information Security ONLINE
Organizations worldwide are in need of highly qualified information security
professionals.  Norwich University is fulfilling this demand with its MS in
Information Security offered online.  Recognized by the NSA as an
academically excellent program, NU offers you the opportunity to earn your
degree without disrupting your home or work life.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus_en