Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: access to files at the filesystem

From: josh <josh.reynolds () tstc edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:47:45 -0500

Since you are using SuSE I would try to implement NSS (Novell Storage
Services) on this server.  NSS provides enhanced filesystem ACL's for Linux.
NSS allows for Novell file access rights to run on a Linux server using the
standard Linux file system.  NSS sits on top of ReiserFS or ext3.  With NSS
you should be able to accomplish your third point.   I hope this helps a
little.