Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Digital rights management in Microsoft products

From: Saqib Ali <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:48:26 -0700

DRM is NOT ready for enterprise.
Enterprise is NOT ready for DRM.

Some companies that use to produce DRM solutions for Documetations
have disappeared. MediaSnap is one of them.

Having said that take a look at the following URLs:

http://home.earthlink.net/~mstamp1/papers/DRM.doc
http://www.sealedmedia.com/
http://www.authentica.com/

I have been asked to find a digital rights management solution for
Microsoft products. Lets say that there is a Microsoft Word document.
The requirement is that functions like cut, copy and paste must be
disabled until the user is authorized. The authorization can be
through a certificate or password. I have not been given any specific
criteria. Where do I look for such information?

--
In Peace,
Saqib Ali