Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: ftp server windows

From: Micheal Espinola Jr <michealespinola () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 13:19:53 -0400

While not a security exploit - how's this for an issue (that has
always been important to me anyways).   The user access list cannot be
separated from the Windows LSA.

On 7/22/05, Roger A. Grimes <roger () banneretcs com> wrote:
IIS's FTP is an excellent, secure FTP server. I don't know of any
exploits against it ever other than one obscure client-side
cross-scripting type of attack that was never publicly exploited.

I've been running it for years and never a single problem.

Roger

***
*Roger A. Grimes, Banneret Computer Security, Computer Security
Consultant
*CPA, CISSP, MCSE: Security (NT/2000/2003/MVP), CNE (3/4), CEH, CHFI
*email: roger () banneretcs com
*cell: 757-615-3355
*Author of Malicious Mobile Code:  Virus Protection for Windows by
O'Reilly
*http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/malmobcode
*Author of Honeypots for Windows (Apress)
*http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=281
****