Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Prevent use of Open Share

From: "Alex Harasic Gil" <alharasic () mi cl>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 11:45:21 -0400

So what you mean is to use a centralized File Server?

Alex S. Harasic

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:54:38 -0400
 Mike Fetherston <mike_sha () shaw ca> wrote:
Uninstall F&P Sharing and throw a GP at the users that prevents them from using most "dangerous" control panel items. In a LAN of 8000 computers, I don't see a need to open shares up on the clients, this should all be done
on the server.

Mike Fetherston